Research into Social Media – Statistics for Australia 2018
Every year Yellow (formerly Sensis) and Social Media News conduct a social media survey across Australia. Here are the results, broken down, in easy to read infographics.
Research from Yellow was conducted across a cross section of consumers in early 2018.
Research from Social Media News was obtained from the platforms and by estimations.
A Note on Facebook
Facebook remains the top social media platform, both in Australia and around the world. This includes both for the Platform and Facebook Messenger. In fact, Messenger is used in Australia more than Instagram.
Here are some further statistics on Facebook:
- Despite the recent issues with privacy, Facebook word wide usage is currently at 2,167,000,000.
- 88% of Facebook users access the platform via mobile.
- Average monthly change in page likes = 0.24%
- At January 2018 the average number of post reach vs page followers = 20.8%
- The average number of Organic Reach vs page followers = 13.6%
- The average percentage of Pages using Paid Media = 54.2%
- The Average Paid Reach vs Total Reach = 41.7%
*Statistics taken from Digital in 2018 in Oceania / Hootsuite/We are Social. To see these stats click here.
Know someone who would be interested in this blog? Feel free to share.